If you’re planning to do shopfitting in Cape Town, you need to know where to look.
Shopfitting in Cape Town can be a tricky journey to take. Today we’ll help you prepare.
The shopfitting industry in Cape Town is grouped around several industrial areas. These are:
Belville / Stikland
If you’re looking to schedule regular visits to your chosen contractor, it may be worth selecting a shopfitter who is located near to your home or business.
Not all shopfitters are created equal
All shopfitting companies in Cape Town have different capabilities in terms of manpower, machinery, experience and expertise.
Important: Just because a contractor ‘can’ build a shop doesn’t mean that he or she actually should. And it especially doesn’t make them a shopfitter. Building a great retail interior requires much more than just a basic knowledge of how to cut and join a few pieces of wood together. So what does it require?
Any decent shopfitter should have at least the following resources at their disposal, in their own facility preferably in Cape Town:
– A well laid-out production system with a logical shopfitting manufacturing process.
– In-house machinery for cutting and edging their own boards. So this would at minimum include flat/table saws, cross-cut saws, and an edge-bander. Larger companies will also have computer-aided cutting machinery such as CNC Routers and bandsaws.
– Several skilled artisans with experience in the shopfitting trade and knowledge of the finishes required of the industry.
– In-house spraypaint facilities with proper spray booths and dust-free drying rooms.
– Skilled and experienced site installation teams with knowledge of what is typically required when working on commercial sites.
Do your homework – and ensure that they’ve done theirs.
Shopfitting is an industry that many contractors in Cape Town are currently active in but which few actually excel in. The companies that are successful, are so not because they are the cheapest, but because they consistently deliver quality products on time and on budget.
Their clients are committed to them and keep them busy because the clients know that the shopfitter can be counted on to deliver their shopfitting projects in Cape Town on time and on budget and to the highest standards.
What are some questions you should ask your contractor about their experience of shopfitting in Cape Town?
– Who are your clients and do you have references that you can check?
– Do you have the capacity to complete the shopfitting work I need done and on time?
– Have you worked in the location my site is in before?
– What shopfitting facilities do you have in your factory?
Trust them: They’re the experts
A professional shopfitting company in Cape Town can be comfortably trusted with your money to manufacture your order to the highest standards and to deliver a shopfitting project that is worthy of your money and, most of all, your brand.
And remember: The cheapest contractor is not automatically the best choice. This is one of those times on life where you really do get what you pay for!
If you would like advice or if you have any questions about how to go about carrying out your shopfitting project in Cape Town, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you! Our expert team will be happy to assist you.